The general consensus among health professionals is that most, if not all, major diseases start in the
colon. This is not surprising when you consider that our foods are laced with preservatives, artificial
ingredients, hormones, and other chemical additives. Refined, processed, low fiber foods, animal fats, a
lack of exercise, and an ever increasing level of stress all contribute to our current gastrointestinal
Many digestive complaints and symptoms appear even in apparently healthy people. They frequently go
undiagnosed because these complaints are not “serious”. Symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea,
constipation, belching, flatulence, food sensitivities, indigestion, malabsorption, irritable bowel syndrome,
and the list goes on.... are so common that they are seen as normal. Consider that a sluggish bowel can
retain pounds of old toxic fecal matter. This leads to a vicious cycle of autointoxication that taxes our
defense systems and eventually leads to more serious disease.
Over 100 million Americans suffer from some form of digestive disease. In fact, more Americans are
hospitalized due to diseases of the digestive tract and colon than for any other group of disorders.
The First Step
Clear out old accumulations from the intestinal tract.
This is a critical, but easy, prerequisite for improved digestion and assimilation. Try using a blend
of healing herbs, nutrients, and fibers to provide a natural, gentle “broom” to gradually rejuvenate
Natural nutrients That Cleanse and Heal The Intestinal Track
- Plantago Psyllium Seed - This fiber helps scrub the convolutions in the intestinal tract,
loosening and cleaning putrefying toxins.
- Guar Gum ( Sterculia) - A digestive fiber that helps regulate the rate of absorption of nutrients.
- Chlorella - Its nutritive value, high plant protein and chlorophyll content make it one of the
world's best foods.
- Aloe Vera - Nature's enzymatic aid to digestion.
- Beta Carotene - One of nature's most powerful anti-oxidants.
- Papain - The enzyme that digests protein.
- Capsicum (Cayenne) - Aids circulation and useful in inflammations, stomach and bowel disorders.
- Cascara-Sagrada - Intestinal tonic and promotes peristaltic activity of the bowel.
- Black Walnut - Expels parasites. Assists in the elimination of toxins.
- Senna Pod - Helps cleanse the colon.
- Gamma Orizanol - From rice bran, helps give a calming effect in the stomach.
- Germanium - A mineral that is effective in stimulating electrical impulses on a cellular level.
- Garlic - Rejuvenates and stimulates the lymphatic system to throw off waste materials.
- Acidophilus (carrot concentrate) - Helps neutralize gas, bloating, toxicity and constipation.
- Rosehips - Digestive stimulant. Antibacterial and antiviral.
All of the above ingredients are in Nutri Cleanse. Start
with one teaspoon in the morning. Increase to two teaspoons after the first week.
The Second Step
Improve Your Digestion and Assimilation
It is not how much we eat, but how much we can fully digest, absorb and metabolize that counts.
To be well nourished is to take into the body everything it requires, and to fully eliminate all the
The first of these processes is digestion. If eating results in gas, bloating, or occasional abdominal
pains, consider digestive enzymes. By taking enzymes at the beginning of each meal, you will more fully
digest your food, increasing your available helpful nutrients and decreasing possible exposure to antigens
(food particles that can stimulate allergic reactions).
At least 25% of your resting metabolic energy is spent on maintaining your digestive health. By using
enzymes, you can actually use less of this energy on digestion, leaving more available to make repairs,
restore normal functions, or perform other tasks with added energy.
Enzymes from plant sources
Lipase ............... Fat
Protease ............ Protein
Amylase ........... Starches
Lactase ............. Milk Sugar
Sucrase ............. Sugar
Rennin .............. Milk Protein
Trypsin ............. Protein
Chymo-Tryp...... Swells Protein
Maltase ............. Reduces Maltose & Dextrose
Pepsin ............... Helps form Polypeptides & Amino Acids
Papain from Papaya & Bromelain from Pineapple
Echinacea – a lymphatic cleanser
Bifidus Bacterium ¨ Intrinsic Factor
In a base of: Barley Grass Juice, Wheat Grass Juice, Spirulina and Chlorella
Enteric Coated - allows enzymes to pass through the acid of the stomach into the alkaline small intestine
All of the above ingredients are in Power Plant Enzymes in
a base of: Barley Grass Juice, Wheat Grass Juice, Spirulina and Chlorella. Power Plant Enzymes are enteric
coated which allows the enzymes to pass through the acid of the stomach into the alkaline small intestine
Restore Your Friendly Flora
Probiotic Complex provides a complex of probiotic bacteria to
support the digestive system (previously called Vita Balance 3000). Probiotic Complex is a natural approach
to chronic digestive disorders (constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence, bloating and the effects
of prolonged antibiotic therapy).
Gradually adding more fresh, raw, organic fruits and vegetables into your diet will provide a natural
source of enzymes and fiber to support intestinal health.
Vegetables mineralize the system. The water contained in fruits and vegetables is important for
nourishing and cleansing. Water carries the rich cargo of nutrients into the intestines where they are
rapidly absorbed and then flushes away the wastes.
For an easy to prepare, nutrient rich lunch, try drinking a salad. It is like a cool soup and is easy on
the digestive system.
Recipe for Blended Salad
|4 romaine letttuce leaves||1 small carrot|
|1/2 small beet||1 stalk celery|
|1/2 tomato||1/2 tomato|
|1/2 cucumber, skin intact||2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil|
|juice of 1/2 lime||1 clove garlic (opt)|
|Put 2 inches of distilled water into the bottom of the blender. Next put in the lettuce
leaves and tomato. Give them a quick blend until liquid. Cut up the carrot, celery and beet. Put
remaining ingredients into the blender and blend for about a minute or until they are liquefied. Add lime
juice and extra virgin olive oil. Blend again for 10 seconds. Use organic vegetables if possible.|
Raw Foods aid digestion and help build a strong immune system
Raw foods, all your fresh fruits and vegetables, contain enzymes to help the digestive process.
Aloe Vera acts as a digestive tonic
Aloe vera juice, when taken internally, promotes cleansing of the digestive tract. Try 2 to 3 ounces of
aloe vera juice mixed with pure water for a refreshing tonic.
The Body's Immune System plays a key role in the digestive process
The overall digestive process involve components of the immune, endocrine, nervous, circulatory, and
digestive systems. The immune system selectively screens the contents of the intestinal tract, recognizing
and absorbing necessary nutrients while discriminating against toxins, antigens, bacteria, viruses, and
non-nutritive matter that can produce disease. This amazing feat is accomplished at the intestinal lining,
which is 200 square meters in size (about the size of a tennis court). When the integrity of this system is
weakened our body becomes susceptible to disease.
Our immune system puts up a valiant battle against almost overwhelming odds. You can "lend a hand" by
supporting your body with the natural ingredients listed below to nourish and rejuvenate your immune system.
Natural Nutrients That Rejuvenate Your Immune System
Guardian Greens contains all of the above nutrients to
provide support for the immune system and its associated internal organs including: the brain, liver,
kidneys, spleen, gall bladder, stomach and intestinal tract, pancreas, blood and nerves.
- Alfalfa Juice Powder - Rich in carotenes, vitamin K, chlorophyll and amino acids. A good
- Phosphatidylserine - Improves mental alertness, short and long term memory. Increases the brain's
glucose metabolism and neurotransmitter receptor sites to improve cognitive functions.
- Ginkgo Biloba - Reduces mental stress and increases mental stamina. Powerful support for the
cardiovascular system, improves blood flow to the brain. Helps with memory loss. Also a powerful
- Spirulina - The most concentrated, nutritious whole food available. More protein than any other
food with the full range of essential amino acids. High in chlorophyll, natural iron, and the B-complex.
- Chlorella - Rich in chlorophyll, minerals and antioxidants. Promotes cell growth. Detoxifies
- Dunaliella - Red micro-algae. High in natural carotenoids. Good for the adrenal glands,
reproductive organs, pancreas, spleen and skin.
- Alfalfa Juice Powder - Rich in carotenes, vitamin K, chlorophyll and amino acids. A good
- Red Clover Tops - A blood purifier. Helps inflammatory skin conditions and psoriasis, childhood
eczema, bronchitis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Parsley Greens - Rich in chlorophyll, Vitamin B, and Potassium. Strong alkalizing effect on the
- Black Currant Powder - Excellent source of omega 3 & omega 6 essential fatty acids.
- Dandelion Greens - Gently stimulates intestinal function. Good for the liver and kidneys.
- Rhubarb Juice Powder - A liver and colon cleanser, also a healer for the stomach.
- Red Beet Juice Powder - Cleanses the kidneys and helps regenerate liver cells.
- Milk Thistle Powder - One of the best remedies for liver complaints.
- Burdock Root Powder - Purifies the blood and lymph of toxins.
- Watercress Greens - Purifies blood and alleviates fatigue.
Yoga For Digestion
- Lie on your back. Have your arms by the sides. You can put your hands under the buttocks for support.
( see Figure 1)
- Inhale as you raise your legs to a 60 degrees angle. Hold for 5-10 seconds. ( see Figure 2)
- Exhale and bend your knees into the body. Hold for 5-10 seconds. ( see Figure 3)
- Inhale and extend your legs to 60 degrees. Hold for 5-10 seconds. ( see Figure 2)
- Exhale and lower the legs to the ground to your starting position. Relax for 5-10 seconds.
(see Figure 1)
Repeat this cycle a total of 8 times. Your liver will love you if you practice this. It’s also
extremely effective in helping to prevent constipation and other digestive dysfunctions.